- Job Level Mid
Studio Tomás Saraceno, an international practice merging art, architecture and scientific-related fields, is currently seeking a full-time Production Leader to join the internationally renowned artist’s team and lead the studio’s production.
The candidate must be inventive, diligent, enthusiastic, and quick-learning, with abilities to manage and improve the production process from material research to presentation.
- Management of the production department;
- Overseeing the production process, drawing up a production schedule ensuring that works are produced on time;
- Setting, monitoring, maintaining, and improving quality standards;
- Make decisions about equipment use, maintenance, modification and procurement;
- Summarizing and presenting production expenditures and outcomes internally;
- Working out the human and material resources needed;
- Leading, supervising and motivating the team;
- Organizing the production for art fairs and exhibitions;
- Liaising among different departments;
- 3-5 years of experience in production management;
- Excellent demonstrable skills in hands-on production with an aesthetic sensibility for composition;
- Ability to show leadership skills in a large team;
- Profound understanding of materials and knowledge of preventive conservation measurements;
- Expert knowledge of carbon materials, metal, wood, ropes, and high-tech materials like light weight structures and foils.
- Demonstrable graphic and computer skills with an ability to read, interpret and draw executive plans and shop-sketches for manufacturing;
- Experience with art exhibition production, from shipping, installation, de-installation to inventory is a plus;
- Excellent time management skills. An ability to work under pressure, set priorities, manage a number of tasks concurrently and work independently;
- Fluent English with oral and written communication skills is required, German is a plus;
- Highly motivated with a flexible and committed attitude to work;
- Be responsible for product development; from design concept, material research, fabrication, packing, installation, storage and inventory;
If you are interested in this role, please send us your CV, a cover letter and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “Production Leader” on the subject heading. International candidates must hold a valid working Visa.